Posted by Shane on
The practice of yoga has become widely popular for its ability to improve one’s well-being. The main goal of this practice is to unite the mind and body to achieve inner peace and healthier lifestyle.
Yoga comes in different forms ranging from gentle or relaxing movements to fast-paced or intense poses. Some of the most popular yoga forms are:
- Hatha - The most common form associated with yoga which combines breathing and a series of basic body movements.
- Vinyasa - Vinyasa uses a series of yoga poses that flow smoothly into one another.
- Power - A high-intensity, fast-paced practice that focuses on building muscles.
- Ashtanga - This form combines a special breathing technique with a series of yoga poses.
- Bikram - Also known as “hot yoga”, Bikram is performed in a heated room and involves a series of 26 challenging poses.
- Iyengar - This form of yoga uses different props like straps, chairs, and blocks to help the body move easily into proper alignment.
Apart from the physical benefits, yoga has so much to offer. Below are the top 10 health-promoting benefits of this mind-body ancient practice:
1. Improves Flexibility
- Improving flexibility is an incredible benefit you can get from yoga. It effectively tones and stretches the muscles, making your body supple and flexible.
2. Strengthens Muscles
- Yoga poses help strengthen the muscles to avoid common problems like back pain and arthritis. Various yoga postures are meant for strength training and through continuous yoga sessions, you’ll be able to balance muscle strength and flexibility.
3. Corrects Posture
- Poor posture can cause various joint and muscle problems especially in elderly people. Basic yoga poses that include twists and back and forward bends will help protect the spine and correct poor posture.
4. Reduces Stress Levels
- Many people choose this mind-body practice as their go-to fitness routine because aside from physical benefits, yoga can be a great way to reduce stress. It is advised to practice the Sri Sri Yoga Level 2 program to experience its calming effects.
5. Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
- Making yoga part of your healthy lifestyle reduces the risk of cardiovascular problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol level.
6. Improves Cognitive Function
- This ancient form of exercise has the ability to enhance your memory and focus. Thus, improving your overall brain function.
7. Boosts Immunity
- Yoga practice boost immunity at a cellular level by improving your overall health. Yoga also enhances body movements, increases blood flow, and helps organs function better.
8. Improves Sense of Balance
- Focusing on Iyengar yoga form improves balance and alignment particularly for adults.
9. Weight Loss
- Yoga is one of the safest ways to lose weight. Through regular yoga classes, one could be encouraged to live a healthier lifestyle.
10. Improves Sleep Quality
- Several research have found that regular yoga practice significantly improves sleep quality and helps alleviate insomnia.
Thanksgiving, dubbed as the precursor holiday to Christmas, is a US holiday that falls every fourth of November. This year, Thanksgiving falls on the 23rd. Government offices, businesses, schools, and nearly everyone get a 4-day weekend to enjoy a hearty meal with your family and friends.A Short History1621 marked one of the first acknowledged Thanksgiving [...]
We spend a lot of our weekdays and even weekends at work, oftentimes neglecting to spend time with our family. When was the last time you had a fun and relaxing time with the people in your life who really matters? We at Dazadi have one simple goal and that is for you to enjoy [...]
Despite the recent technological advances in recreation and fitness, backyard games are still not a thing in the past. Along with croquet, lawn bowling, and horseshoes, just to name a few, bocce is still one of USA's most popular backyard games. This simple game is not only a form of easy exercise but it also [...]
What’s better and more comforting than staying in a steamy sauna and sweating all your stress and anxieties away? Sweating is an effective way to detoxify and burn calories. It’ll also help you relax and unwind both physically and mentally.Saunas are usually small spaces or rooms with dry or wet steamers. Ideally, it is recommended [...]
Darts is a type target game that involves throwing small feathered darts at a circular board fixed to a wall. It is a more than a hundred years old and is thought to have originated in 19th century England, particularly in English inns and taverns in the. It is believed that darts began as a [...]
Working out and staying fit is always more fun when you do it with your best pal. Most dogs tend to follow their owners and get curious about what their owners do. Dogs are naturally energetic, adventurous, and always ready to try new things. Apart from your family and friends, pets make the best [...]
Table Tennis was first known as an indoor, after-dinner game in England around 19th century. It was originally called Ping-Pong and later named Table Tennis following the revival of the old Ping-Pong Association. The early table tennis equipment included rubber or cork balls and bats made from dried animal skins.The game rapidly rose to fame [...]
Do you find yourself gravitating towards the air hockey table during your trips to the arcade? Why not recreate the fun vibe in the comforts of your home by purchasing your very own? In the past, the only available options for air hockey tables were expensive tournament types. Nowadays, there is a multitude of choices [...]
Every family across the nation will celebrate Labor Day in their own way. For those opting to stay local and near their homes, a great picnic is an awesome way to spend the holiday. Head outdoors, fire up the BBQ and wait for fireworks. To fill in time, challenge family and friends to a bit [...]